Wednesday, July 14, 2010

How safe is working in South Korea? I just got a great opportunity to teach English there


How safe is working in South Korea? I just got a great opportunity to teach English there.?
I got this e-mail from yahoo staffing firm that would like to help find a teaching position in South Korea. I like to travel and see new places, I think this would be great. But, it is for 1 year contract and the pay is only about $28,000 which is not a lot. I'm a senior soon to graduate with a Marketing and International Business degree. I don't know if I should accept this position.
Teaching - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I think it's pretty safe there - I haven't taught there myself, but I knew someone who did and she seemed to like it. I have taught in Japan though and absolutely loved it. It depends on the person of course, and how open you are to other ways of doing things (some people go to other countries and spend all their time comparing it to the US and complaining) but I LOVED my time overseas. My only regret about going is that I didn't stay long enough (was there 3 years).
2 :
Every country has its own guide lines. Maybe you should look for position here.