Saturday, September 1, 2012

Do you think I could be a ballet (dance) teacher in South Korea


Do you think I could be a ballet (dance) teacher in South Korea?
I know English very well and I am also learning Korean at this moment. I am a choreographer and professional dancer. I would like to work for a while in South Korea. Do you think this is possible?
Korea - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
well...you could be ballet dancer teacher i recommed not in korea because there it sucks. it's always cold and rainy don't call me racist because im korean
2 :
You need a degree to qualify for a work visa. You also need a job offer before you get there. The job would also require native level Korean. Jobs like that will always go to a native Korean. The employer has to sponsor the employee for a work visa.
3 :
What is your home country and native language? Some of your eligibility could well depend on your nationality. If you are able to get a work visa in Korea and if you will find an employer who will use you as a dance teacher there is probably no reason why you couldn't be one. You may find the opportunities a bit limited. Like most Asian countries, South Korea has a blended culture with both traditional and more modern elements. I would think it likely you could find some interest in European or other Western style ballet. You might also be interested in learning the various Asian dance types. I would suggest if you can that you visit South Korea, perhaps as part of a dance tour, and find out what the market is. Many Asians are very willing to embrace Western culture when it is offered to them. You might find an open door.