Saturday, January 14, 2012

Will my daughter be able to travel with me to South Korea


Will my daughter be able to travel with me to South Korea?
Hi all! I was wondering if anyone of you has already experienced the same situation I have right now with my daughter and if you were able to go about it and how. My American husband is currently working in South Korea and I will be coming to join him there as his dependent. As we still haven't started with our adoption procedures for my 3-year old daughter who uses my last name, the immigration has asked for her adoption papers that will prove her link with my husband or she can't come to join us in South Korea. I just want to know if there is an alternative document that I can present/submit to the Korean immigration that will be acceptable and therefore allow them to issue visa to my daughter. We are coming from the Philippines. Thank you. She uses my last name in her birth certificate.
Korea - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Her birth certificate ,should show the link to your husband, and that she is really his daughter from an other woman
2 :
Does she have a passport already? If not, you may need to obtain signatures from the biological parent. It is a huge pain in the butt, but very necessary to get a passport to travel overseas. If she has a passport already, I don't think it will be a problem.