Saturday, December 1, 2012

How can I send money to my folks in the states


How can I send money to my folks in the states?
I work in South Korea and want to transfer money to the states. Apparently the accounts here don't 'talk' with the accounts there. I tried Western Union, but there aren't any locations in SK. So any suggestions?
Other - Business & Finance - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Hello my friend, Perhaps you can send a money order? They are very good to send, or if you have a checking account, that's good too. Try the Money order, you can get one at a bank or a post office. Many blessings, and good luck hon. Peace, FreeSpiritRunning...
2 :
There is something called wire transfer where the bank will transfer funds from one bank to another there is a fee associate with it, around $15.00. You will need their bank account number and the bank routing number there are shown in their cheques. Good luck!!
3 :
You should see if there is a Citibank or HSBC - both of those usually offer convertible currencies. Some other banks might also, just check at different banks to see. It will probably cost you a fee to do it, though. You could also try a postal money order, which you then mail and your family would exchange it at home for US dollars.