Sunday, March 21, 2010

Can i work in South Korea


Can i work in South Korea?
I have been wondering about this for some time now.so i am an American second year english major studying in syria (my father works there) and its my dream to work in south korea but i heard that you can only teach there if your degree is from an english speaking country (usa, uk.....)is that true and if so is there anything i can do???
Teaching - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I would double check this information because I'm not 100% sure. I'm going to Korea in November to teach (although I do have a degree from the UK) and I thought that as long as you were a citizen from an English speaking country and you held a degree then it's fine. If your an American citizen and especially if your majoring in English I wouldn't have thought you would have a problem once you complete your degree. Like I said though I'm not 100% sure. Good luck.
2 :
To teach there you need to be a native English speaker but your degree can be anything as long as it's from an accredited English speaking university. Check with the Korean embassy though to be on the safe side and if there's a problem, there are plenty of other countries where you can work with a degree and TEFL certificate!