Friday, January 7, 2011

If I get a work visa to stay in south korea, can my spouse come with me


If I get a work visa to stay in south korea, can my spouse come with me?
I plan to teach english in South Korea. I will be getting a work visa every year that allows me to stay for the course of 1 school year at a time. I am married and I was wondering if my spouse would need to have a job there in order to stay? Is there a way that my spouse could stay as long as I am working there?
Korea - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
im not sure about that... cause if a guy had a visa or had citizenship, he can 100%ly bring his spouse overseas to his location,, but in case of a women, im not sure, considering korea is in the verge of going through immigration problems...
2 :
Yes, you can get a spousal visa for him. You have to have your contract in hand, and provide a copy of your marriage license. A Spousal visa lasts until the last day of your contract. So, for example, If your contract ends on the 22nd he would have to leave by the 22nd unless he gets a tourist extension at the end or some such. At least, thats how it works if you are Canadian, I don't know, but assume, that its the same for other countries as well. When you renew your contract and get a new visa, you would renew your spouses visa as well.