Friday, October 7, 2011

Visa required to work for a Canadian company while in South Korea as a tourist


Visa required to work for a Canadian company while in South Korea as a tourist?
I am a Canadian working for a Canadian IT company. I am planning on working for the same company while I travel to South Korea as a tourist for 6 months. I have consulted the Korean Embassy in Toronto, and they say that I do not require a visa in my situation. Can anyone confirm or provide additional details/advice?
Korea - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I don't think so. Whatever you go foreign countries for WORK, you might need other visas. Also, most case, the tourist visa allows you to stay 90 days, I guess. Well, ask him again. If he still says it's ok, well, it depends on him..... but, i think he's wrong.
2 :
You legally have to apply for the E7 visa. This is for a professional non teaching position. To legally work and make money in Korea, you need a legal work visa. No matter if it's a Korean or foreign company. It would be the same if a foreigner came to Canada or America and worked for their countries company. They would legally have to have a business visa.