Tuesday, February 7, 2012

What advice can you give a westerner working and living in South Korea


What advice can you give a westerner working and living in South Korea?
I am a first generation Chinese American currently working and living in South Korea. I want to have a good experience here without being the ignorant foreigner. What cultural differences should I be aware of?
Korea - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Umm...just wiki, google or study a bit on south korean culture it shouldn't take too long... good luckkk
2 :
dont bring the western culture... that's it...
3 :
There is a cultural book entitled Ugly Korean, Ugly American (or the title may be the other way around) however this book tells some of the cultural differences that are considered rude/offensive and what is the polite/right way in dealing with one another. It's just a small handy dandy guide, in paper back. I hope that you can find it on line. It's the best one I've seen!