Monday, February 21, 2011

What US phones work in South Korea


What US phones work in South Korea?
I will be traveling to South Korea every quarter for my job to manage production runs. I am currently using a Blackberry 8800 setup with the microsoft exchange server for company email and using AT&T service in the US. What options do I have that will allow me to us the same phone here in the states as well as in South Korea? Preferred requirements: E-Mail access (Microsoft exchange) GPS Phone Internet access I hear 3G phones will work but also heard that Korea will not be selling the 3G iPhones (?)
Cell Phones & Plans - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
a satalite phone and probaly the iphone 3g hahaha
2 :
Hi Tony If it were me, I would go with the ATT TILT made by HTC, great quality PDA style phone that meets all your requirements.This truly is a "world" phone. You can add the data globe add-on plan for PDA/Smartphones http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/international/roaming/affordable-world-packages.jsp ATT roaming partner in S Korea is KT Freetel Co so you would be roaming on there 3g (WCDMA2100) network http://www.gsmworld.com/roaming/gsminfo/cou_kr.shtml