Friday, September 14, 2012

How long does it take for a CANADIAN CITIZEN,who is living abroad (SOUTH KOREA- resident) to regain residency


How long does it take for a CANADIAN CITIZEN,who is living abroad (SOUTH KOREA- resident) to regain residency?
Hi, I'm an English teaching living abroad, in South Korea, where I have been for the past 3 years and am a resident of for the time being. I'm officially a non-resident of Canada at this time and I will move back home in 8 months, possibly. How long will it take me, to regain residency? Will I get it back immediately? Do I have to wait to become a resident to purchase a house or a car? Or will I automatically regain residency, once I give up working and living in Korea and move back home? What defines a resident of Canada, if I am a citizen and will go back there to hopefully work and unfortunately pay taxes and so on? I'd appreciate any help! Cheers!
Immigration - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Contact the Canadian Immigrations immediately.They will give you the right answers.
2 :
Besides becoming a resident of Canada, you also need to become a resident of a Canadian province or a territory. And to become a resident of a province, you need to stay in the province for 6 months. As far as I know, you can purchase a home or a car any time you want. You don't need to be a resident for this. But to get provincial health insurance you need to stay in the province for 6 months. And if you don't have a driver's licence, then you may have to wait 6 months to get one.