Tuesday, September 7, 2010

How can I defer students loans while working in south Korea


How can I defer students loans while working in south Korea?
I'm moving to South Korea at the end of Sept. However I'm only going to be making 1500 or 1800 month. Enough to pay my credit card bills which is a total of 7000, food, transportation, and Utilities. As soon as I pay my credit debt I plan to pay students loans. someone help me !!!
Financial Aid - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
If you have ffelp loans there are plenty options out there...forbearance, hardship deferments, etc....however if u have a private loan there are NO options out there.....
2 :
The way to find out your options is to call the department of education. They can discuss options for repayment. You can get income-based rates, defer to interest-only payment, forbearance, etc. The only way to find out is to call.