Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Can This Power Supply Work In South Korea


Can This Power Supply Work In South Korea?
I'm in South Korea now and I'm worried about plugging in my (US made) desktop that runs on 120V. In Korea they use 240V in all power outlets, so I was wondering if it would be sufficient to get a power cord that can handle that, or if the hardware itself couldn't handle that power. My computer uses this as it's power supply: HP 460W POWER SUPPLY 5188-2862 24-pin If you can tell me what I can do to make sure it doesn't blow out when I plug it in, I would appreciate it.
Other - Hardware - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
this psu has an input voltage switch just under the power plug (this little red switch). this switch has 2 positions: 1. 100 - 127V input 2. 200 - 240V input if you are in Korea you have to set the switch on 200 - 240V and you can use a cord for korean outlets. don't forget to switch it back to 100 - 127V if you're back at home.